Shooters engage an array of steel targets in this fun action sport.
Match Directors:Alyssa Geraci - 614-546-5152
- Steel rocks! Not only is it fun, it is also a fantastic way to learn about your shooting and to increase your shooting skills. It is great for beginning shooters - the steel is reactive (you can hear it ring when you hit it). There is no real need for reloading on the clock. There is little (if any) movement. It can be shot with a .22 caliber handgun. For the experienced shooter, the challenge to get lower scores never ends. Steel is also "gun friendly". There are never more than five shots required at once. That means most revolvers will have spare rounds. We shoot on most 3rd Saturdays. Come on out and join in the fun!!!
We shoot rain or shine.
- Shooter will engage an array of steel targets (various size and distance).
- This array of targets is called a stage.
- There are usually 4 or 5 stages in a match.
- The shooter gets 5 chances (runs) at each stage.
- The slowest run on each stage is discarded. The best 4 runs count for score.
- Targets will be between 7 and 40 yards in distance.
- Reloads are not required. There is little, if any, movement required.
- You will usually need 150 rounds of ammo (that is a minimum, bring more).
- Revolvers and semi-autos are welcome, in center-fire calibers from 9mm/ 38 and up to 45.
- Center fire divisions are Open Auto, Limited Auto, Open Revolver, and Limited Revolver. (Open means optics and/or ports.)
- Rim-fire Divisions are Open and Limited.
- We ask that you please download the magnums and supers to help save the wear and tear on the steel. Both lead and jacketed bullets are acceptable.
- Holsters are used for center-fire, however, if you don't have one, we can place you in a separate category.
- No holsters are required for rim-fire.
- Most shooters shoot through the stages once center-fire, and then once rim-fire. However, you may shoot through twice center-fire, or twice rim-fire. Pistol caliber rifles are welcome for re-shoots.
- Your first time through counts as your "match" score. Your second time through counts as your "re-shoot" score.
- Your first time through is $10. Re-shoots are $5. However, if you go through the first time in center-fire, then re-shoot in rim-fire, the re-shoot will be free.
- Juniors shoot for free. Women shoot for free. Match starts when setup is complete.. Setup starts at 8:30. This match is produced by volunteers - please help with setup and tear-down when you can.
Matches are held on the 3rd Saturdays, April through October, and weather permitting, March and November.