The following are the proposed Policy and Procedure changes for 2014:
Re-worded to clarify:
1. Members may bring guests to the club. Each individual guest may come to the club grounds three times per calendar year. After that, the guest must become a member in order to use the club grounds. The club Member is fully responsible for their guests, who must abide by all club and Range Rules. Disciplinary action may be taken against the club Member for their guest’s action.
Added based on policy change from earlier this year:
1. Groups (Boy Scouts, 4H, etc.) wishing to use PCSI facilities must obtain and complete a Facility Group Usage form. A PCSI member must be willing to host and oversee the groups usage of the facilities. The forms are available at any Members or Board of Directors meeting.
New Policy - Additional Membership requirement:
I. Sponsorship of New Members
1. Prospective New Members are required to obtain a sponsorship form signed by a current member in good standing.
2. New Members are considered to be on probation for the first membership year. During probation any violations of club rules by the New Member may result in disciplinary action for both the New and Sponsoring Members.
3. The Board at its discretion may lift the sponsorship requirement in the event that there is a shortage of new members. Sponsored prospective members will still take precedence over non-sponsored and be granted open slots first.
New Policy - Clarification on how final membership slots will be allocated:
1. Only current and prior members may join until March 1st. After March 1st if membership roster is not full, membership will be open until membership limit is reached for the current membership year. Should more prospective members be present at the final Safety Meeting than there are slots available a random drawing will be held for the open slots.
New Policy - membership cap guidance for the BoD:
1. Membership limit is set by the board of directors. The Board, at its discretion, may raise or lower the membership cap for the following year at or before the September Board of Directors meeting. General criteria for the decision may include but are not limited to:
A. Range Utilization
B. Prior year safety incidents